Last revised and updated on Jan 15, 2013.
So we are clear on the terms we use, "Personal Information" means contact information (i.e., your name, address, email address and/or telephone number) and any other non-public information that is used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual. "Anonymous Information" means information that is not used or intended to be used to personally identify an individual.
The Site and Services are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Services. Protecting the privacy of children is very important to us. We do not collect or maintain Personal Information from people we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or Services is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user's Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Site and the Services.
Information We Collect From You
In general, the Personal Information we gather enables us to provide the Services to you and helps us learn more about your use of the Site and/or Services. We require your name and email address for registration with us on the Site. We collect additional Personal Information from you when you offer to host and/or elect to purchase activities through the Services. This includes, but is not limited to, your location and phone number but does not include your credit card number or related billing information that you provide as part of transactions. All purchases on the Site or Services are processed by service providers like Stripe, and we will not have access to or see your credit card information as part of such transaction. You may alternatively connect to our Site through Facebook or another SNS (defined below), in which case we may collect your name and other information from that SNS. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the Site or Services you are able to use.
Disclosure - Usage of Third Party Cookies
Our Relationship with Social Networking Services
We may create interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking services such as Facebook and Twitter ("SNS") through our Site and Services. We work with the SNS's application protocol interface (better known as their developer API) in a way that allows you to authorize us to access your account on that SNS on your behalf. In order to provide this authorization, you do not provide us with your user name or password to the SNS, but you will need to log-in to that SNS directly through our Site. Once authorized by you, the SNS provides us a token that allows the SNS to recognize us when we ask, on your behalf, for access to your account information or to post information. You can revoke our access to any SNS at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.
How We Use Information
We will use your Personal Information to:
- Administer your account;
- Provide you with Activities that you purchase and other related services;
- Market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you that we believe may be of interest to you. This will include through the serving of targeted advertisements, though we will not disclose your Personal Information in doing so. We may allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements and we may use any of the non-personally identifiable attributes we have collected (including information you do not make publicly available on the Site) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. For example, if you tend to look at cooking-related activities, we might use that interest to show you ads for cutlery (and to tell ad networks to serve those ads), but we do not tell any manufacturer who you are to display the advertisement, though the company may learn that you possess certain characteristics based on the fact that you received the advertisement;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Verify your compliance with your obligations in our Terms of Service or other Lifecrowd policies;
- Improve the quality of the Site and the Services; and
- Communicate with you about the Site and the Services.
We may also use your Personal Information to create Anonymous Information records by excluding information that makes the information personally identifiable to you.
We may send you communications via email about the Site and Services. You can opt out of receiving certain communications from the Site by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email. Please note that even if you unsubscribe or opt-out, we may still send you Site and Service related communications.
How We Disclose Information
We may disclose certain Personal Information:
- To third party vendors and service providers who help us provide the Services or the Site;
- To third parties to whom you ask or authorize us to send Personal Information, including hosts and other users;
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) resolve disputes, investigate problems, or enforce our Terms of Service; (b) comply with relevant laws or to respond to requests from law enforcement or other government officials relating to investigations or alleged illegal activity, in which case we can (and you authorize us to) disclose Personal Information without subpoenas or warrants served on us; or (c) protect and defend our rights or property or the rights and property of you or third parties.
As part of an activity, other users, hosts and/or service providers may be provided with certain of your Personal Information. You hereby authorize us to make such disclosure and you agree that although we contractually limit how your Personal Information will be used, we cannot control such use. IF YOU PURCHASE AN ACTIVITY, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY CONTROL OVER HOW THE APPLICABLE HOST OR SERVICE PROVIDER USES AND DISCLOSES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO THAT HOST OR SERVICE PROVIDER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (1) LIFECROWD DOES NOT EVALUATE ANY HOST OR SERVICE PROVIDER'S PRIVACY PRACTICES, AND (2) LIFECROWD WILL NOT HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DISCLOSURE OR USE OF INFORMATION BY ANY HOST OR SERVICE PROVIDER.
Special Disclosure of Personal Information of Hosts
If you choose to host an experience, certain of your Personal Information, including your full name, will be displayed on the Site (and made available to the public). Any information you choose to provide as part of your activity description should reflect how much you want Lifecrowd users to know about you. We recommend that you guard any sensitive information and we encourage hosts to think carefully about what information they disclose in their profile.
As a host, other users may provide personally identifiable information about you and your experience such as feedback and ratings, but we will not consider it to be your Personal Information. We do not control this information and you may not be able to access, modify or request the deletion of such information as long as you remain a host.
We may disclose Anonymous Information without restriction.
Accessing and Controlling Your Information
Information Disclosed to Third Parties
The Site may contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, do not review and are not responsible for the privacy policies of or content displayed on such other websites. When you click on such a link, you will leave our Site and go to another site. During this process, another entity may collect Personal Information or Anonymous Information from you.